What is your cancellation policy?

When you reserve, you pay a non-refundable $500 down payment. 

7 days prior to your rental, the remainder of your rental cost, plus the $1000 security deposit are charged to your card. If you cancel after this charge is processed, only your $1000 security deposit is refunded.

In the event that you cancel, the amount you have paid, will be converted into an in-house credit, good for 1 year from your original rental date, for a future rental.

Insurance Requirements

We require all campers that tow our campers, no matter if they are renting a vehicle from us or are using their own, to have full coverage or comprehensive insurance. During your rental, our trailer would be covered under your insurance policy in the event of an accident.

You will need to contact your insurance company and let them know you will be renting and towing a tow vehicle or camper, and may need to adjust your coverage accordingly.

You will have to provide proof of comprehensive coverage with an add-on for camper trailers. Your insurance agent should be able to add that to your policy for the time of your rental for a reasonable cost.

If your insurance will not cover trailers, you would have to purchase our CDW. The deposit you pay would be applied to your deductible in the event of an accident.

Do the campers have a washer and dryer?

So it has come to our attention that some people expect the campers to have washers and clothes dryers in them.

None of our campers, nor any campers we have ever seen include washers and dryers. So plan accordingly.

If you are staying in a campground, especially in Yellowstone, most campgrounds we have dealt with have places to do laundry.

What comes with the camper or motorhome?

All of our units come with some essential items that a first-time renter may not consider when planning. They are as follows:

  • 1 small and 1 large indoor or outdoor carpet
  • Broom and dustpan
  • Fresh water hose and pressure regulator
  • Electrical cord and adapter
  • Waste tank dump hose
  • Dump hose elbow
  • RV dump sanitation gloves
  • Dump tank deodorizer
  • Camp lighter
  • Fly swatter
  • Bottle jack and lug wrench*
  • 2 sets of leveling blocks*
  • Wheel chocks*
  • Rubber mallet*
  • Awning tool
  • Hitch (safety) pin*
  • Coupler lock*
  • Stabilizer crank*
  • Emergency roadside kit
  • Fuse kit
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Flashlight
  • TV or stereo remote control (not all campers)
  • Information book
  • User’s manual

* means Camper Only.

What does winterized mean?

During the colder months, all of our campers are winterized. This means all water has been removed from the system, and special RV anti-freeze has been added to the holding tanks.

Depending on weather conditions, if you rent between October and March, you have the option of having the unit unwinterized, so that you can use the water systems. There will be a re-winterization fee. Ask your representative when you book for more information.

Do I need a Generator?

Yes! We highly recommend a generator rental for all camper rentals.

For those camping at sites that have power hookups, you can get away without having a generator.

If you are not camping at a site with power hookups, a generator is essential. Even with the most conservative usage, the on board battery will not last more than a day or two at the most if you are not charging it regularly with a generator or external power source.

All of our motorhomes have built in generators!

What are all of the costs associated with renting a camper?

$75 prep fee, daily camper rental, $1000 damage deposit. A reservation deposit of $1000 due at the time you make your reservation, and any other additional kits or accessories are optional.

How many people do the campers sleep?

This depends largely on your camping plans, and the amount of personal space members of your party desire. See the floor plan and photos of each of our campers to choose what fits your needs.

15′ up to 3 people with one queen bed and a convertible table for a super single bed

20′ up to 5 people with one queen bed with semi-private room, an upper single bunk, a bottom single bunk that can connect to converted table and make a king bed.

30′ sleeps up to 10 people with a private bedroom with a queen bed, two single bunks, and the dinette and sofa convert into two more full beds.

What methods of payment do you accept?

We accept all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express) as payment for trailer rentals.

Do I need trailer brakes?

Yes, you need trailer brakes on your towing vehicle. If you do not already have them, we can install them on your vehicle.

Please make an appointment with our shop prior to your departure date to have that done. You may rent a brake controller for $75 or installed for $150. You can call us at 1-406-245-9008 or 1-800-598-0241.

What if I am unsure about wiring, towing, etc.?

No need to worry. We have been helping people rent and tow vehicles for almost 20 years. We have knowledge and experience to share with you to put you at ease. Feel free to contact us with questions. Our phone number is 1-406-245-9008.

Is there a cleaning charge when I bring the camper back?

There is no general cleaning fee. We feel that your job is to enjoy your vacation and our job is to clean the camper. However, we do charge for any damage, unusual cleanup, or wear-and-tear on the campers.

The campers are equipped with a bucket, broom, and dustpan for any cleanup that you might choose to do to keep the space tidy and comfortable during your stay. There are two outdoor carpets in the camper to keep as much dirt and mud outside as possible.

Are pets allowed in your campers and vehicles?

Absolutely! We know that pets are part of the family and vacation just isn’t the same without them. There is no special charges or fees to bring your family pets. Please note that pets should not be left alone in our units, and should not be in a camper while it is being towed.

However, you’re responsible for their messes, or damage and cleaning charges. Pet hair isn’t considered normal wear-and-tear and therefore pet hair removal will need cleaning charges if it’s not done before returning.

Do I need a reservation?

What are your business hours?

Summer Hours 7am – 7pm
Winter Hours 9am – 5pm
After-hours appointments are always available.

Will I get the camper shown in the picture?

We have not yet purchased next summer’s campers, but all of our campers will be similar to the ones pictured. We do not guarantee a specific camper. Makes and models may vary.

What type of electrical hookup is required to operate the camper features?

The campers are equipped with standard 30-amp RV plugs which can be plugged into any standard electrical source. Some camping areas supply electrical outlets to plug in your camper.

The only sites that have electrical outlets in Yellowstone National Park are at the Fishing Bridge Campgrounds.

We are flying in. How do we get from the airport to you?

We will pick you up at the airport free of charge. We will ask you for your flight number and we will be expecting you. When your flight arrives, call us. We are just minutes away.

Is mileage included in our rental?

Camper customers that use their own vehicle do not have to worry about mileage at all.

For our motorhome customers, your rental includes 100 FREE miles per rental day.

For our customers that rent a Tow Vehicle with their Camper, your Tow Vehicle rental includes 150 FREE miles per rental day.

Camper Damage Waiver Exclusions

The Camper Damage Waiver covers damage to the camper sustained during normal use. The following will void the Camper Damage Waiver:

  • Towing the camper while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
  • Damage sustained while travelling over the Beartooth Pass
  • Damage from driving under anything with a clearance of less than 12′, including but not limited to low hanging trees, bridges, tunnels, carports
  • Accidents where speed or negligence was a factor as determined by local law enforcement
  • Damage to the awning is not covered by the Camper Damage Waiver
  • Off-road use of the vehicle
  • Other damage resulting from willful abuse and serious negligence
  • Damage that results from the failure to comply with the terms of the rental contract
  • Damage sustained incident not reported within 24 hours
  • Damage or loss of secondary equipment and other rental items

The customer is responsible for the first $1000 in damages to the camper.

Are your campers rolling billboards?

No. Unlike some companies, we do not plaster our name and logo on every available inch of our campers. The only advertising on our campers is a removable spare tire cover with our logo and website address on it.

We don’t want you to feel like you’re standing out by showing up to your campground in a rolling billboard.

I’ve been in accident, what now?

First, make sure everyone is alright. Once you’ve done that, you need to call the local police, or highway patrol, and have an accident report filed. Then you need to call us.

In the event of an accident where the camper is no longer road worthy, we will have it towed back to our shop. Let the officer know that unless it is a hazard, or blocking the road, that you are calling us to see how we want the camper handled.

If someone else is deemed at fault, we will bill their insurance company for the damages. But ultimately, if the other driver is not at fault, has no insurance, their insurance refuses to accept responsibility, or if you are found to be at fault for the accident; you are responsible for all damages, loss or theft of the vehicle, including the cost of repair, actual cash value of the vehicle if its deemed totaled, loss of use, and any other costs associated with the accident.

Do you deliver the camper?

Yes. We can deliver to most any location including your house so you can get the camper packed or right to your campsite. We will even set it up for you. There is a fee for delivery and set up.

What do I need to bring on my camping trip?

We have many camping supplies for rent or you can bring your own. If you rent our gear, the only things you need are consumables like food, paper and paper goods.

Is a special license required to tow a camper?

No special license is required to tow a camper, other than a valid driver’s license to operate the towing vehicle. That said, there are things you should know to safely tow. Our agents can instruct you and give you tips on how to have a safe and worry-free towing experience.

How do I know if my vehicle will tow the camper?

The 20′ camper may be towed with any half ton or greater vehicle. The 30′ camper requires a 3/4 ton or greater vehicle. Contact our towing experts at Happy Campers if you are unsure.

If I use my vehicle to tow, what size of a ball do I need?

For the 20-foot camper, you need a 2” ball with 1″ or larger shank. For the 30-foot camper, you need a 2 5/16” ball with 1″ or larger shank. You can rent a heavy duty draw bar and ball for $10, or a weight distribution hitch for $60.

What type of light hookups do I need?

You need a 7-pin spade RV plug. We have adapters for sale or rent to accommodate any wiring situation. It only takes a few minutes beforehand to connect your rental and to adapt the wiring.

If your vehicle does not have any trailer wiring, please contact our shop for an appointment to have the wiring installed prior to your departure date. You can call us at 406-245-9008 or 1-800-598-0241.

Do you have tow units to rent?

Yes, we have 1/2 Ton and 3/4 Ton trucks that can seat 5, or SUVs such as Ford Expeditions and GMC Acadias for rent.

Do you offer any discounts?

Yes. We have discounted rates during the off-season (October – May). Also, the longer you rent, the cheaper your daily rate gets. We also offer discounts for booking early.

Is smoking allowed in your campers or rental vehicles?

No smoking of any kind, or vaping is allowed in the campers or rental vehicles. A cleaning fee will be charged to the renter if our unit is smoked or vaped in, regardless of who did the smoking or vaping.

Can I take the camper out of state?

Yes. You can take the camper anywhere you like, except Mexico. Out-of-state rentals are responsible for maintaining the wheel bearings and having them repacked mid-rental if necessary.

Do you have a minimum number of days when renting a camper?

Yes. There is a 3-night minimum on each rental.

What if there are no electrical hookups at my camp site?

You may not need electrical hookups at all. It depends on how you plan on using the camper. The furnace, lights, bathroom, and water all run on the camper’s battery.

The camper battery will charge while you are driving and will run for 1-2 days without recharging, depending on use. To charge the battery or use the luxury items such as the air conditioner, microwave, TV, and DVD you will need a portable generator if no electrical outlet is available.

We have portable generators available for rent.

I cannot find a campsite. Can you help?

Call us for additional information.

Summer Hours
May - August

8AM - 6PM
9AM - 5PM

Winter Hours
September - April

8AM - 6PM
9AM - 5PM